BILL WHITAKER is an attorney with Sloan & Sloan, P.C. He helps his clients accomplish their wealth preservation, business succession and charitable goals with tailored estate plans. Bill also assists clients with trust and estate administration and related tax issues.
As an attorney, Bill loves spending his days with talented, thoughtful legal professionals and clients. He works to determine the best alternatives for them to reach their goals, and then helps them see and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative so they can make an informed decision. This requires him to be thoughtful and thorough. His clients feel satisfied that their charitable and family goals will be met if they become incapacitated or pass away.
Before joining Sloan & Sloan, Bill was a partner with Ahrens DeAngeli Law Group in Boise, Idaho, and has worked as a law clerk in the Utah Attorney General’s Office and for other law firms. He was also a judicial extern for the Utah State Tax Commission and the Honorable B. Ted Stewart of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah.
- Trusts and Estates
- Business Succession
- Charitable Planning
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- South Dakota
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in taxation, New York University (2009)
- J.D., University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, with honors; Utah Law Review; Jackie Chiles Law Society, founding board member (2008)
- B.S., Finance, Brigham Young University (2004)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Intermountain West, board member (beginning 2018)
- Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, member
- Idaho Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section, member
215 S. State Street, Suite 101, Salt Lake City, UT 84111